- RSS Channel Showcase 2215674
- RSS Channel Showcase 8101006
- RSS Channel Showcase 6922108
- RSS Channel Showcase 4643780
Articles on this Page
- 06/21/10--07:57: _And Action – 11 Ste...
- 08/09/11--05:40: _3 Steps to Video An...
- 06/28/12--07:38: _The RIGHT Way to Te...
- 03/29/13--05:30: _The Biggest Mistake...
- 04/05/13--06:08: _2 Ways to Build Dig...
- 08/08/13--05:20: _How to Translate Yo...
- 03/11/15--05:59: _How WE Do It! The ...
- 06/21/10--07:57: And Action – 11 Steps to Effective Video for Your Organization
- 08/09/11--05:40: 3 Steps to Video Annual Report Success: VolunteerMatch Case Study
- 06/28/12--07:38: The RIGHT Way to Tell Your Story via Video
- 03/29/13--05:30: The Biggest Mistake Nonprofits Make With Video
- 04/05/13--06:08: 2 Ways to Build Digital Storytelling Skills
- 08/08/13--05:20: How to Translate Your Program Into a Compelling Video
- 03/11/15--05:59: How WE Do It! The Best Video Ever
Online video is one of the best ways to tell your nonprofit’s story. When done right, it can forge powerful connections between your organization and your supporters, but only when it stands out from the competition in three minutes or less. Read my article in the latest Fundraising Success to learn the 11 steps to [...]
I dug into VolunteerMatch’s recent annual report in video format the minute it reached my inbox. It hit my sweet spot — I’m intrigued by innovative use of video and also by the challenge of reinventing nonprofit annual reports to be vibrant and meaningful. VolunteerMatch’s video version is both — and holds great value as [...]
Annie Escobar is co-founder of ListenIn Pictures which produces compelling video stories for nonprofits. I’m on a mission to end bad nonprofit video. You know, the boring, long, put-you-to-sleep video about what the nonprofit does and not why, how or results. Nonprofits have too much on the line—and too many inspiring stories—for this. When I [...]
Guest blogger, Annie Escobar is co-founder of ListenIn Pictures which produces compelling video stories for nonprofits. Creating engaging, sharable videos doesn’t seem to come naturally for most nonprofits and I think I know why. Instead of highlighting naturally dynamic stories about people, nonprofits tend to create videos about programs. I call this The Program Trap. [...]
Here are two absolutely irresistible (and free) ways to build your storytelling and video skills. 1) Jump into the free training offered right now with the Tech Soup Digital Storytelling Challenge, and submit your video by April 30. Ready to change the world with a story? So is TechSoup, which is dedicated to providing your [...]
Guest blogger Annie Escobar has created over 60 videos for over 30 purpose-driven organizations. She believes there is more good than bad in our world, and she’s driven to share the stories she hears that prove it. When an organization comes to me and says, “We want a video about our program,” I always cringe a [...]
Watch it and weep, with laughter and recognition (if you’re a working parent, or overloaded in any other way). That’s definitely me! Is it you? This video from Make It Work—a community making things better for hardworking women, men and families across the country—works wonders. It: Connects with working parents in a flash, by featuring […]